Drawing on Todd’s experience as an in-house lawyer for a major wirehouse with a private client channel, a bank channel, an independent channel, and an affiliated registered investment advisor, our firm understands the nature of our clients’ businesses, how our clients operate, and the complex regulatory environment in which they operate. Understanding our clients’ business goals and objectives allows us to quickly identify—and implement—effective solutions to the obstacles and challenges they face.
Since 1998, Todd has personally handled more than 350 matters involving the securities industry. He has appeared before the SEC and FINRA (formerly NASD) in regulatory matters, and handled arbitrations administered by FINRA/NASD, the New York Stock Exchange, the Pacific Stock Exchange, the American Arbitration Association, and JAMS. He has appeared in arbitrations throughout the United States, including Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, the District of Columbia, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Washington, and California.
Our services include:
- Representing firms and individuals in all manner of sales practice and investment-related disputes;
- Representing firms and individuals in intra-industry employment claims (including disputes over promissory notes, commissions, deferred compensation, and recruiting issues);
- Representing firms and individuals in regulatory inquiries, investigations, and enforcement actions brought by the SEC, FINRA, and state regulators;
- Representing individuals in expungement hearings;
- Counseling hiring firms and new hires in Protocol and non-Protocol situations;
- Counseling broker-dealers on regulatory reporting requirements and compliance best practices.